RESERVED - II

pinigilan ko nalang maiyak sa awa sa sarili ko at sa precious baby boy ko.
morning I had the encounter with the uncle (see previous post), afternoon was as crazy as well.

dahil uwian na, siksikan ang train.  so I do not expect a free seat but if luck strikes me, someone will be good to offer their seat.  this is just not that afternoon.  two ends of the seat rows are RESERVED.  ironically, yung dalawang seat ay occupied ng mga babae at tulog na tulog parehas...while the middle seats were all occupied also by ladies.  These ladies were all eyeing me (are they wondering why I have such big tummy???) also people standing were all eyes on me...my face was perspiring and my baby was kicking me.  For 15 minutes, nobody was gracious enough to give up their seat for me.  So I turned around to check the other side...the guy who was seated at the reserved seat alighted, I had to rub elbows with another lady trying to grab the seat.  For heaven's sake...I am travelling for 45 minutes.  I really need and DESERVE the RESERVED seat ( wow, same letters in those two words).  Maybe the notice should be revised to RESERVED FOR THE DESERVING. 

This topic on graciousness on trains and buses has never died down.  On forums and on local papers.  Government has revised the notices from small to very large eye catching ones...all to no avail. 

how can people be so rude?

Singapore is a nice place...but the people are not nice! not at all...

God allowing, today will be my last long ride to work.  I hope to be able to sleep in my own home this weekend so the next week, I just need to walk to work.  Yahoo!

3 comments:

  1. sa mga ganyang pagkakataon mo maiisip na iba talaga ang mga Pilipino, many Pinoys would have given you a seat on a train even if it is not reserved... because you deserved it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooops on the contrary...pati po mga Pinoy na nadito sa SG, wala naring graciousness. Eh napagkakamalan po kaming intsik minsan, nagdadahilan pa ang Pinay na nakaupo sa reserved seat...ang tagal din daw niya nakatayo so deserve din daw niyang umupo. Gusto na suntukin ng asawa ko!

    ReplyDelete
  3. whoa! grabe naman.
    Ako kasi, if its elderly or pregnant. I would offer my seat. Hay buhay nga naman.

    ReplyDelete