A Family that Stays Together....

Gets sick together!

Audrey started coughing after Halloween. She ate more sweets than she is supposed to. My daughter's tonsils are very sensitive. If she eat sweets, it gets inflamed FAST. But she is just a kid! So she had sore throat and started coughing. Made worse by her busy activity due to Kindergarten Graduation. It was my first time to see my daughter perform on stage. So that is how a mother feels!!! Fantastic.

Since we stay together in our small flat and we love to hug tight and kiss, Aeden started sniffing, then next thing, I have chills and fever. The next week after, dear Daddy is also coughing. Last Monday when I came home, my mom sounded like she just cried. I thought she cried over the telenovelas she's watching. Actually, she has bad flu! Poor Lola had runny nose and headache.


Tuesday morning I saw a red spot on Audrey's face. I checked her back and was surprised to find more. It was chicken pox. Damn! I had her immunized when she was little, why now? She needed to be isolated so she and daddy are now sleeping in the living room. She just peeps at the bedroom door to say her good night to me and Aeden. It is heart breaking. I haven't had chicken pox so I dare not kiss or hug my girl. Her pedia warned me last time that I should get immunized more than my daughter as I am in more danger than the baby.


Saturday night, Aeden develops low fever. He had a hard time sleeping and so did mommy of course. On Sunday, he has red patches already. Oh no. My young boy has chicken pox! Please Lord, spare him. Until today, his red patches come and go. Hopefully the antibodies from my breastmilk do wonders for him. He's too young to be sick.


1 comment:

  1. Ate Rence, i hope maging okay kayo lalo na si Aeden. Kawawa naman..sana gumaling na agad.

    ReplyDelete