Update on IPL Burns

When I got burned, I quickly searched on the internet if my case was hopeless.
There were so many cases and theirs were more severe than mine.
Most of the responses for those who were crying for help were to see a certified dermatologist.  That did not help at all I guess, not for me.
None of those who had the burns updated their cases.  So I feel that I need to provide update on my case so I could be of help to anyone who needs this information.

My burning session was on July 13, Saturday.  Since the clinic was closed on Sundays, I was only able to make my complaint on Monday.  Ms. Eve, the "manager" assessed my burns and arranged for treatment.  They would give me free scar lightening treatment until my scars totally fade (verbal agreement).  Treatment will be once a week.

Immediately, they treated my scars.  I keep on asking what treatment they are going to do but no one is giving me a clear answer.  They just say it is same as Acne scar treatment (then they should've just given me Retin A, it faded all my acne scars).  The treatment starts with exfoliation.  STOP! for fresh burns, you should not exfoliate duh! Oh, good thing I did my research.  Next step is to apply AHA to remove dead skin cells - that's according to their 20-ish old therapists.  You should feel some tingling sensation re: ACID.  I did not feel anything.   Next they apply oil to the scars.  They only explain that the oil would help in healing.  On top of the oil, they apply Vitamin C mask to lighten the scars.  I needed to ask repeatedly before they tell me what they are doing.  To me, it is a sign of lack of knowledge.  I do not blame the therapists, it is the lack of training given by the clinic.

On my second treatment, I still had the blood clots.  I was feeling desperate.  So I again asked to see Ms. Eve, they gave me lame excuse that she is busy with a client.  I grumbled and they gave me a bottle of Rose Hip oil with a little bit of oil inside.  So this is the healing oil they were using.  I googled it and some attest to it's scar lightening effect....but may take a loooooong time. 

Third week, majority of the blood clots have scaled off.  Some scars are dark while some are light.  I finished off the oil so I was given (after I persistently asked) a small amount of healing cream. 

This week is my 7th treatment.  They have actually advised me to reduce the treatment to once per month. No way! And I asked why Ms. Eve was not checking on my treatment progress...another lame reason. She was supposed to be busy setting up another branch.  Where? I asked.  Uhm, not yet final.  So unprofessional!

I had another session of IPL last week, I had to upgrade to the cold IPL.  No promotion price for me??? I rest my case.  As long as I did not hurt anyone, I am fine with it.  I hope they are fine too.

My scars have lightened, one would need to stare at my legs for a long time to recognize them.

Other things I used in order to speed up my recovery include Aloe Vera Gel and Lightening moisturizers with UV protection.  I also restricted myself to using pants for one whole month.

***

No comments:

Post a Comment