Bakit Hindi Ako Favorite ng mga Magulang Ko?

I stumbled upon Kim Chiu's movie na Bakit Hindi ka Crush ng Crush mo on Youtube.  I'm not a fan of Filipino movies but I do watch them pampa-feel good. Bawas homesick.  So ganon, tinapos ko yung movie, sumobra ako sa aking data plan, pero really, the movie was just about Kim and Xian.  Actually I find it disturbing.  Dapat hindi ganun yung mga movies natin.  Pinapakitang OK na ang walang values!!! Nagmeet lang sex na agad? OK ang pekpek shorts? OK maging bading? OK magsabi ng paksheet? haaay sad for the new generation.  Ang sad talaga.

Pinanood ko din ang 4 sisters and a wedding. Kulit ng asawa ko, tanong ng tanong kung maganda.  Ang sagot ko...asa ka naman sa Filipino movie.  Feel-good lang pre! Walang basagan ng trip (I sound like Toni Gonzaga na).  Well actually, there is a hidden story in this movie.  It's when Connie explained why she had favourites amongst her children.  She said "I gave most of my attention to your eldest sister and youngest brother because they were weak, always sick.  But that does not mean I love them more or they are my favourites.  I love you all the same."   Tulo ang iyak ko... tinawanan lang ako ng asawa ko.

In my own family of 5 sisters and 1 brother, we all envy our eldest sister.  She's mama and papa's favourite.  When I left Baguio for a job in Laguna, I was so hurt that my papa did not even accompany me when I moved there.  Nakitulog pa nga ako sa girlfriend ng kaibigan ko sa Manila.  First time ko mameet yung tao.  Lungkot lungkot ko!  Then my sisters informed me later that our papa went to Batangas to search for our cousins and to check how they are.  Ouch! Mas pinapahalagahan pa niya yung mga hindi niya anak.

I confronted him after about a year because my heart was so heavy.  He explained to me, "You are strong.  You can make your own decisions.  I know you can make it on your own so I did not make the effort." 

Papa was right in his statements.  I am on my own now.  At yung mga pinsan ko, nandun asa parin sa papa namin.  At si eldest Sister, favourite parin =)

Now that I have two kids, I consciously make efforts to ensure that I do not have favourites.  But I guess, my daughter envies the time I spend with her younger brother.  I had to explain once to her that her brother needs more attention as he is just a baby.   

I am thankful that I have my Heavenly Father who does not have any favourites. 

No comments:

Post a Comment