God’s Amazing Faithfulness


This is my testimony on God’s faithfulness!

I have been a Christian since young.  I don’t really remember when exactly I invited Christ to my life. It could be when I was 8 or 10 years old.  I grew up as a member of a Southern Baptist Church.  I was a lost sheep when I left Baguio and worked in Laguna.  When I moved to Singapore, on my first week, God placed me into a cell group from Hope Filipino Church.  My faith was restored, strengthened and used by God.  For three months that I was unemployed, I gave my all to cell group ministry.  I treasure those times very much and if given the chance, I will willingly devote my life to ministry.  What joy it is to be serving the Lord. I even performed for the musical presentation of the church’s anniversary.  It was tough as I already started working and still went to practices.  I would be home at 1 am from daily activities like practice, prayer meeting and cell group.  God was faithful enough, he brought me back to His flock first then gave me a job, brought my family over to Singapore and even granted us Permanent Residency.  Life is tough in Singapore but God was right there guiding me and making me see Him and feel Him.  It took a long time for my husband to secure a job, then recession came, I survived several rounds of retrenchment, still, on our third year in Singapore, we were able to loan a flat from the government. We had our second child.  In fact, both of us are not enjoying high pay.  Everything is just right as God provides.  On my fifth year in my company, I have decided to find another job.  So I prayed to God.  He let me go through 4 interviews where I was not successful.  And then I cried out to Him, that I really wanted a move.  I started reading Pastor Joseph Prince’s daily devotion.  I noticed that the messages were to make your Faith stronger.  There was one message that taught me to NOT PLEAD with God. I should not pray “Please God!” as my God is so powerful, no need to beg.  So I challenged my faith and God one day by saying, some company will give me a call soon.  At that time I was not sending any applications but I told God, all those past applications will be working.  The next week, I got a call for interview.  Oh I was so happy.  Not because I have an interview, but because I know God is really listening to my prayer.  After the first interview, I read as Pastor Prince wrote that you’ll have to really believe that what you ask for will happen.  You can even command God to do things for you because you deserve it as His child.  Hhhmmmm let me try.  Each time I see my phone, I would pray.  God, make this phone ring for my second interview.  I did that for about 3 days.  Surely, the call for my 2nd interview came.  I was rejoicing! So happy that God is so REAL.  I confirmed to myself that I will get the job after the second interview.  While walking towards the company, I was praying, God, this job is for me, you are bringing me to this new opportunity, you have already answered my prayer.  I prayed with so much conviction.  After the interview, I was informed that there are still other candidates.  My heart sank…I walked home feeling defeated but my heart was at peace, thanking God instead for His revelations to me.  I kept on praying for God’s plan.  He’s been with me through my 6 years in Singapore, so close to me, I felt Him every day.  A month later, I received a call for 3rd interview.  To prevent any further dismay, I just told God that I will follow His will, His plan.  2 days later, the job offer was sent to me.  God surprised me! The offer is much more than I was asking for.  The offer came on the day my company announced that our Singapore factory will be closed in 9 months time.  Still God gave me a choice, I was asked to stay as the factory is being subcontracted, I would still be the main player to manage.  But I didn’t look back, I wanted something fresh in my career.  The 2nd week in my new company was difficult. I have read through the training materials there is nothing much to do.  I saw that there is actually not much future for me.  They all welcomed me with negative comments on the company, on the system, they had comments and warnings about the people I was to work with.  I swallowed hard…and cried!  I want to be back where I was accepted, where I was recognized, where I know anything you would ask me about.  Not here, I do not know anything!   It’s been a month and a half and each day I cling on to God alone.  I am scared but He tells me to fear not!  He makes me remember that over the past 6 years, I’ve also feared so many things but He was always there.  Never leaving me behind.  Right now I am also away from the flock, but even I am a lost sheep, I am still important to my Shepherd.  I can hear His guidance.  God is amazing!   

No comments:

Post a Comment