Squash with Green Beans

thanks to internet, I am an empowered mommy!


Dahil sa internet, I am still breasfeeding my son who is now 6 months.
He has been infected with chicken pox but was gone in a breeze, except for his scar on his nose bridge.
He's regulary getting monthly immunization, no fever!
He has cut three teeth already, no fever, no pagtatae (can't spell the english word). Breastmilk is really the best for baby!


He's eating solid foods now. In order: Brown rice cereal, banana, potato, apple, squash, green beans, watermelon and sweet potato. Except for the cereal, all are home prepared. No bottled food for my son yet! Dahil din yan sa internet. I've learned how to prepare my son's food in advance para hindi hassle ang daily meal preparation.

Here's his favorite so far: Squash with Green Beans


cut squash into chunks then boil in a small amount of water.
no need to buy organic as the skin is thick to protect it from pesticides.
cut and boil green beans, i'm using organic 

e2 na anak ang food mo :-)


puree after boiling.  dapat yung beans lang
nilagay ko kasi malambot naman yung squash.

mash and strain using my handy baby food tools

hard green beans, next time i blender ko ng solo at mas matagal

ready to eat! parang walang beans pero malasa yung beans

transfer to ice cube tray

cover with freezer safe ziploc and pop in the freezer

I did this same procedure with apples and sweet potato.

My mom would just thaw 4 cubes for my baby boy. No need to peel, cut, boil and wait to cool baby food every time.
 
Yummy (I taste my baby's food), healthy and made with all of my love.



No comments:

Post a Comment