Sushi Tuesday

I have been guilty of not playing much with my daughter. Specially when I worked part time sandwich artist, she barely see me. So I often rushed home every Tuesday and Thursday to either bring her to the mall or to the park. Now that I have night classes, she misses me much more. I often arrive and she's sitting on the bed with tears about to roll. When I hug and kiss her, the tears roll down. How heartbreaking. My daughter is a master "paawa-effect artist". But she's really very emotional. So to set us both free, I designated every Tuesday as Tuesdays with Audrey. I promise to throw everything away after work, head home and play with her. Pero naman, 12 midnight na, hindi parin nagsasawa ang baby ko. Kay hirap. Pero masaya ako. At least when I can't give in to her request to play, I can always promise her to wait for Tuesday.

Last week we went to the playground. She loves sand. Who cares if there are swings and slides in the playground? I only want to play with the sand.

Today is Sushi Tuesday. I've always wanted to make sushi as I love Japanese food. I've prepared my recipes, will rush to the grocery later, then Audrey and I will make sushi. I hope she will concentrate. Mamya baka sabihin niya, mag color nalang tayo mama.

Audrey loves my cooking. Ask her why she loves me and she'll always answer: She cooks good food (favorite nila ang adobo ko) and she also says Mommy plays with me.

I don't have to be super mom. To my kid, I'm already the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment