Renotalk: Simple Kitchen Makeover

Update 24-March-2016

Since there are still requests for the contractor's contacts and I am not so active in this blog for the moment, I am adding the contractor's details for your reference. Happy renoing!

Here are the contacts:
 
 Call Walter for the door cabinets.96901413
He can make whole kitchen cabinet. He also sourced for my Cresto counter. Very fast guy.

If you go to his workshop -superior decoration at AMK Ind. Park 2,  The glass merchant is across his shop. On the same lane is PVC door maker.
 
2LT Glass & Mirror Aluminium Contract (for my backsplash)
Chirstopher Loh
 
SK Aluminium Design (for PVC door undersink)
Sam Lim

<><><><><><><><>


For the previous months, I have been having headaches from reading too much of Renotalk.com, Singapore's Home Renovation and Lifestyle Portal.  Jumped from blog to blog and scanned as many google images I can on Kitchen Cabinets and Backsplash.

There are 3 contractors around my neighborhood.  After work, I visited them and requested for quotes.  I only managed to get from 2 as the other 1 is always "on-site". 

As I walk through Ang Mo Kio Industrial Park 2 everyday to the office, I noted that there are some renovation workshops there.  I told myself it is hard to deal directly with the manufacturers as most of them do not speak English and I was encouraged by one of the contractors when he said he'd offer free help in designing.  Truly, during our discussions, he would note what is a better design and even offer some reno terms that I'm not familiar with. 

After getting the quotes from the 2 contractors, I almost signed with the lower quote.  But then on the day I was to sign, I wasn't feeling well, so I just delayed it.  

Out of nowhere, I pulled my husband along and we went to the industrial park on one Sunday morning.  I expected the workshops would be closed but they were open but the bosses were not around.  We were given their contacts.  After some calls, house visits for measurements, quotations (some quoted double than the others meaning they don't want small projects)... we have saved $1,275 and our kitchen is now brand new!!!

Here's a breakdown of the items and quotes.


Before and After Photos talk louder than 3000 words description  =)

Before: Dull and Old Gray Cabinets



After:  Space widening Black and White Cabinet with Lime Green Glass Backsplash to make cooking more fun!




Next project: L-box with Cove Light box for our Living and Dining room.  I'm still praying that the Lord will lead me again to cheaper source as He did for our Simple Kitchen Makeover.  

Thank you Lord, lika tikman mo yung menudong niluto ko :-)
Love you! 

26 comments:

  1. hi Rence, chanced upon your blog. the kitchen looks great. can you give me the direct source numbers? am looking for cheaper source to renovate the flat soon since budget is limited.

    do drop me a mail at athlic@yahoo.com. thanks and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI! Can I have your direct source number, please drop me a note at andreawon@yahoo.com.

    Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi, kabayan. pa email rin po ako ng direct source number mo. ang ganda ng kitchen mo at ang mura nya. eto po email addrs ko: momijennn@gmail.com maraming salamat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, can u kindly email contractor's name & tel contact to me at sea_laven@yahoo.com.sg...your kitchen is really beautifully done!

    Thanks
    Wong

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tks fr sharing n may God bless you;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pwede pa share ng direct contractor name and HP. Thanks and merry xmas

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pls send to gmdavid@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Would you mind to share your contractor's contact with me? please email to faithsuria@gmail.com.
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope all you guys would also share your Kitchen Reno =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! Nice make-over kitchen. I wish to achieve similar. Care to share your direct contractor's contact? k00lf3lla@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Would you mind to share your contractor's contact with me? please email to norazila_87@hotmail.com
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello po, pwede po pa share nong contractor niyo? dessa_sw@yahoo.com
    Salamat

    ReplyDelete
  14. hello.. may I trouble you for the contractor contact please? minyaw.chai@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. can you please send me the contact? xwteric@gmail.com
    Thank you so much

    ReplyDelete
  16. hi.can share the contact? hellofriends8899@gmail.com
    tks u.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi,love ur kitchen. mind sharing ur contractor's contact? Pls email to noorzac13@gmail.com
    Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi, i need the contractor's contact. If you don't mind. Could you please email it to me at christabelle.ho@live.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi.. Can you email your contractor's contact to kimlim555@hotmail.com. Tks a million (^.^)

    ReplyDelete
  20. hi.can share the contact? sky_soong@hotmail.com
    tks u.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi, love ur kitchen i need the contractor's contact. If you don't mind. Could you please email it to me at floorplan1981@gmail.com Tks a million

    ReplyDelete
  22. hi, mind share your contractor's contact. Please email: jananglg@yahoo.com.sg, thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi, I'm facing the same situation as you, need to makeover my existing kitchen and I'm located close to AMK industrial park 2. Do you mind sending me your contractor's contact or location? I can drop by to look for him. Kindly email me at echige@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi, Thanks for your sharing. Could you email your contractor's contact? My email is homunwai@hotmail.com

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks for your sharing. Would appreciate if you could email your contractor's contact from amk industrial park to my email at coolwil@ymail.com.
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete